Sheffield City Region: Access to Talent
The city region is known across the world for its craft and hard work. Locating your business in Sheffield City Region puts you in touch with a potential labour market pool of over 900,000 people.
The modern city region labour market is educated and continues to be hard-working. The city region can offer inward investors:
- A workforce of over 373,000 qualified people who have a (degree or equivalent).
- Access to universities and higher education centres which collectively have 80,000 students and produce around 5,000 graduates per year.
- Part of a business base that is growing and is dynamic. There are over 67,000 businesses in SCR with traditional businesses, cutting edge companies and new start-ups providing opportunities for new and existing firms to partner or supply.
- A high quality of life and attractive housing offer. The city-region also benefits from access to natural, cultural and heritage attractions, short travel times to work and good schools.
Bring your business to Sheffield City Region. We will work with you and support you.
The Sheffield City Region excels in many distinctive capabilities, many of which are growing in scale:
- The Advanced manufacturing & materials sector employs approximately 50,000 people across 3,000 companies.
- The Automotive industry accounts for employing 17,000 across 2,180 companies Inclusive of McLaren Automotive
- Logistics, employs over 15,000 across 435 companies Including: IKEA and Next.
- The Aerospace sector employs over 7,000 across 495 companies with key names such as: Boeing, Rolls-Royce, ATI Allvac, Maher, Technicut, and Gould Alloys
- Banking and finance, employing 19,000 people. With companies located here such as: HSBC, Santander, BDO, Lloyds Banking Group, Nationwide, RBS
- Professional services – over 7,000 accountants are registered with professional bodies across 8,000 employees in the legal sector, including: DLA Piper, Irwin Mitchell, Grant Thornton, PWC, CMS, and many patent attorneys
- Insurance and pensions employs 7,000 people across several businesses which include high profile names such as: Aviva, Aon Hewitt, Capita, Westfield Health
- Healthcare Technology employs over 2,000 across 85 companies with names like B. Braun
- Rail, employs over 2,925 across 315 companies with names like Babcock Rail
- Nuclear, employs 1,500 across 230 companies with those like the Nuclear Advanced Manufacturing Research Centre
- Aviation sector employs over 225, across 10 companies with names like Textron Aviation.