If you’re looking to locate your logistics operation in the UK, then look no further!
Sheffield City Region can provide you with the talent, space, supply chain and connectivity you need. Find out more…
We’ve got talent
Here in Sheffield City Region, we have a wealth of talent available;
- A competitively-priced labour workforce with a low turnover
- A labour workforce that is familiar to working patterns associated with logistics
- Talent available for all levels of your logistics operation – from warehouse and picking to IT and management
- A workforce with good availability for seasonal working
- The training providers you need to ensure your workforce has the skills you need
We have funding programmes such as Skills Bank and Skills Support for the Workplace which may be able to support your business for the cost of training employees in the region. Find out more here.
We’ve got land and sites
Located in the heart of the UK, Sheffield City Region covers an area of over 3,500 km2 comprising of towns, cities and a huge amount of land potential.
Whether you are looking for an existing site or land for development, we’ll have something perfect for you in a location that is connected locally, nationally and globally to meet your needs.
If you would like to find out more about potential investment and partnership opportunities, find out how you can contact our team here.
We’re globally connected
Sheffield City Region delivers fantastic connectivity across the globe and on a local level;
- Most sites located close to motorways, with low traffic congestion
- Sites all easily accessible by public transport, providing access to home-grown workforce
- 60% of UK’s manufacturing industry within a 2.5-hour drive (by HGV)
- 75% of the UK can be reached within a 4.5-hour drive (by HGV)
- All main UK Sea ports are within 7 hours by dedicated intermodal rail freight services from the state-of the art inland strategic rail freight interchanges at Humber and Teesport Ports (just 2 hours away), providing easy access to Europe and beyond
Find out more about our Connectivity here.
We’ve got the back-up you need
We already have a strong offering when it comes to logistics, so we can provide all the back-up your operation needs;
- We’re already home to a number of 3rd party, parcel and mail logistics providers
- Access to the supply chain your business needs such as machinery, operational transport and maintenance
- Transport companies to support seasonal requirements as well as warehousing for short-term storage
You’ll be in great company
Theses companies are already based here and some even have multiple sites:
Aldi, Amazon*, Asda, ASOS*, B&Q*, BMW, CEVA, Clipper*, DFS, DHL*, DX Logistics, Expo Logistics, Great Bear*, Greencore, IKEA, Lidl, M&S, Menlo, Next*, Scotts Miracle Gro, Sports Direct, Tesco, The Co-operative, TNT, UDG, Unilever, Unipart and Wincanton.
*multi-site within Sheffield City Region
“We already have two fulfilment centres in Doncaster so know from experience that there is strong talent in the region who would be well suited to working for Amazon.”
UK Operations Vice-President John Tagawa.
What are you waiting for? Speak to our dedicated specialist team to find out more about locating your business in Sheffield City Region.Contact us.