The Sheffield City region, with an economy worth £30billion and home to 68,000 businesses, boasts names such as HSBC, DLA Piper and PWC plus many other respected firms.
A strong professional services network exists here as well as a large catchment area from which you can both gain new clients and recruit quality staff.
With affordable premises, an educated, available and cost competitive workforce as well as a business-friendly culture the Sheffield City Region is the stand- out location for your business.
Sheffield City Region’s Inward Investment team is made up of experts in investment and business. As with the wider Sheffield City Region our team strives to ensure a straightforward, practical and reliable experience.
If you are looking to invest or locate your business here in the Sheffield City Region we offer you a tailored ‘can-do’ approach.
Our specialist team can help identify appropriate property and business locations, link you into our supportive commercial environment. We work with you to attract and build a well-qualified and committed workforce.
- Research Support – applying excellent local industry, demographic and sector profiling analysis
- Property Search – Finding the right property and appropriate knowledge neighbours
- Networks – Introductions and advice surrounding local businesses, universities and organisations
- Sourcing Recruitment – including advice regarding training subsidies, training and development
- Access to funding – advice on Enterprise Zone incentives and support to access skill funding or raise external finance
- R&D Tax Relief – advice on Research and Development Tax Credits and Patent Boxing
- A dedicated Business Investment Fund designed to support business growth and the employment creation in the SCR
This region offers a wealth of business opportunities and a refreshing ‘can do’ approach.
We work very hard to help you reduce your risk and enjoy a streamlined way of doing business here. We can offer competitive property and employment costs, an extremely supportive industry environment, and a well-qualified and committed workforce.
Research facilities and our university-industry partnerships here are respected worldwide. ‘Factory 2050’, one of the most advanced factories in the world, the new National Rail College, the high-speed HS2 train route which will radically improve our travel routes, and expansion across the district are all proof of that.
Global businesses such as Rolls-Royce, Nestle, and Amazon, are just some of the many international companies which have seen the benefits of locating here.
We have a strong business ethic – our approach is simple, straightforward and pragmatic; in Sheffield City Region we grab each opportunity and make the most of it, whatever the size of the company, whatever its sector and whatever its ambition. We do this daily with domestic and international business partners alike.