The UK’s rail network is the fastest-growing in Europe. And its focal point for investment is Doncaster; home to the National College for High Speed Rail, Hitachi Rail Europe, and a new rail link to the iPort logistics centre.
Doncaster, within the Sheffield City Region, is ideally placed at the heart of the UK. A huge 53.4 million people live within four hours’ drive-time, comprising 81 per cent of the UK population. It’s also at the heart of the road and rail network, with a fast connection to the Humber ports, and full cargo and passenger services at Doncaster Sheffield Airport.
We offer new investors a high-quality and cost-effective location of choice, that is super-connected nationally and internationally.
So why not find out more about Doncaster and the wider Sheffield City Region’s excellence in rail while you’re at Innotrans, taking place in Berlin from 18 to 21 September.
During the event, take the opportunity to meet with Gareth Morgan, senior business development manager at the Sheffield City Region, and Andrew Webb, rail sector development manager at Business Doncaster.
They can explain why the region has attracted recent high-profile investments from rail organisations and other advanced manufacturers, such as Boeing and McLaren – and why it’s the ideal location for your next investment.
Meet Gareth and Andrew at:
- the Northern Powerhouse Investment Team stand. Within the UK Rail sector, the North of England is strategically important, with specific capability strengths in rolling stock supply chain and components, digital, railtrack technology, maintenance, engineering contractors and freight. The stand can be found at Hall A, CityCube/218
- A Ministerial Breakfast Seminar with the British Secretary of State for Transport, Chris Grayling, and the Department for International Trade. The event, hosted in co-operation with the Northern Powerhouse and the Midlands Engine, is an opportunity to hear directly from key figures in Government, industry and academia. The session runs from 8am to 10.30am at the British Embassy in Berlin. Register online here.
Why Doncaster and Sheffield City Region?
- Doncaster is already home to companies from around the world, including Austria, Switzerland, Germany, Japan and the USA. By choosing Doncaster for your next investment, you’ll be in great company.
- A new daily rail service between Southampton docks and the iPort logistics space in Doncaster is set to begin this month. Located on a 30-acre site within iPort, iPort Rail is a state-of-the-art rail freight facility able to accommodate the UK’s longest trains up to six times a day.
- A campaign is underway to build a new rail station on the East Coast Main Line at Doncaster Sheffield Airport, creating a direct rail link with this international airport and complementing our already excellent rail connectivity.
- HS2 high speed trains are set to come right into the heart of Sheffield city centre, providing fast rail and road links with Doncaster
- Innovative tram-trains, operating light rail on existing tram and train tracks, are set to be launched in October this year, linking Sheffield, Meadowhall and Rotherham Parkgate. The scheme is unique because it links heavy and light rail infrastructure, systems and operations together to provide a new transport service.
Want to find out more?
Meet us at Innotrans at Hall A, CityCube/218, call Gareth Morgan on +44 (0)7800 551 495, or email email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you.